Wish List numbers 7-10:
#7 I want to get married. Ok, duh… we knew this was coming on my list
of life goals. I’m a 23 year old girl. I’m not saying that I want to
get married right now… but it is definitely something I want for my
life. The thing is, he would have to be very unique. Someone who
loves the Lord deeply and above all other things, someone whose sense
of humor clicks with mine, so we can laugh together every day, someone
with whom I have spiritual, emotional, and physical chemistry.
Sometimes my friends tell me I’m too picky… but I think there is a
difference between being picky and having high standards. I saw this
video not long ago, and the second half of it describes much better
than I could ever articulate, the kind of man I want. It’s a long
video, but so worth watching! (To give credit where credit is due,
I first saw this when my friend Sarah posted it on facebook)
#8 I want to have kids. This is something I want eventually. Not any
time soon whatsoever. I love spending time with kids, but I also love
giving them back to their parents after a few hours. There are too
many other things on my to-do list that come before kids.
But, once I have been married awhile, I know I am going to want to
have kids of my own. I want to raise them to love God, others and
literature… I had to throw that last one in there. I have all kinds
of theories about how my kids will NOT spend hours in front of the TV
and video games. They will read, and paint, and play with toys that
do not require batteries. I will cultivate in them a love of
learning.
I can only imagine that this little dream of mine is probably
hilarious to mothers of young children. I can just hear them reading
this and saying “Bless her heart… she thinks it’s that easy...”
Apparently these figurative women are southern… blessing my heart
and all.
#9 I want to always “be content whatever the circumstance” (Philippians 4).
I think there are so many things to appreciate in every season and phase of life.
Some more than others, but I firmly believe that the blessings in my life
will always outweigh any difficulties. I am a HUGE believer in
positivity and the effect that it has on my life, and I want to always
make it a priority to recognize how blessed I am.
#10 I am actually not going to write about the last one… not because
it’s a big secret… but because I realized it’s very similar to one of
my others and it would be kind of redundant.
So… that’s it! Those are ten things that I hope for. Some for now,
some for the future, and some to remain constant throughout my entire
life.
1st...I totally and completely adore everything about you and this "blessed my heart" to read. 2nd..."Happiness is a choice." And you basically summed that up in this, love that!
ReplyDeleteRen