In the last week I've taken a trip to Nashville, cooked out with friends, had movie night with friends, went to church, hung out with my neighbors, and acquired lots of new things for the apartment I hope to be moving into soon.
I'm going to recap my Nashville trip for you.
Nashville was a blast! I knew I would have fun, but this city was
even more fun that I had anticipated! Savannah, being the awesome
plan-ahead kind of girl that she is, had composed an entire itinerary
for our weekend.
Whitney and I arrived kind of late on Friday night, so we didn’t do
much that evening. We just hung out at Savannah’s place and caught
up. Saturday, we spent the day in Franklin, which is a suburb of
Nashville. Franklin was full of quaint little shops and unique little
restaurants. We had some lunch and spent the afternoon fighting off
cicadas as we explored the town.
Saturday evening we went to a restaurant called The Listening Room
where you can have dinner and listen to live bands. All three of the
groups that performed were amazing! The first girl was my favorite…
she sounded just like Zooey Deschanel. We met Savannah’s friends
Jessica and Jeremy there.
where you can have dinner and listen to live bands. All three of the
groups that performed were amazing! The first girl was my favorite…
she sounded just like Zooey Deschanel. We met Savannah’s friends
Jessica and Jeremy there.
After Dinner, we went out on the town! I absolutely loved downtown
Nashville and all the places on Broadway. We saw dueling pianos,
awesome performers on street corners, and great live music in all the
bars. As I expected going into this trip… everyone in Nashville is an
awesome musician. We met some new friends who were Bellmont grad
students and spent the evening with them.
Nashville and all the places on Broadway. We saw dueling pianos,
awesome performers on street corners, and great live music in all the
bars. As I expected going into this trip… everyone in Nashville is an
awesome musician. We met some new friends who were Bellmont grad
students and spent the evening with them.
Everywhere we went had live country music and I fully embraced it.
Country music and I have a love/hate relationship… but this weekend
was definitely a high point in our relationship. I loved embracing my
southern roots! Ok, maybe I don’t have legitimate southern roots, but
four years of living in Tennessee has to count for something.
Country music and I have a love/hate relationship… but this weekend
was definitely a high point in our relationship. I loved embracing my
southern roots! Ok, maybe I don’t have legitimate southern roots, but
four years of living in Tennessee has to count for something.
Sunday morning we went to church, and Danielle joined us at lunch
time. That evening, the four of us, along with Jessica and Jeremy
went to a vineyard outside of the city and had a picnic. The scenery
was absolutely beautiful (the photos don’t do it justice) and there
was live jazz music to listen to. It was such a relaxing evening!
time. That evening, the four of us, along with Jessica and Jeremy
went to a vineyard outside of the city and had a picnic. The scenery
was absolutely beautiful (the photos don’t do it justice) and there
was live jazz music to listen to. It was such a relaxing evening!
After the vineyard, we decided to make another trip down town and go
line dancing-- so much fun!!! I think if I lived in Nashville I would
buy a pair of cowboy boots and make it my goal to become an excellent
line dancer. It would for sure be a newfound hobby for me. I loved
it!
Monday we spent the morning being lazy at the pool, sun-bathing and
reading books. We went to a Mexican place for a late lunch, and then
Whitney and I headed home.
I couldn’t have asked for a more fun, relaxing and care-free holiday
weekend. I love Cincinnati and finally (a year after moving home)
have a huge sense of peace about living here, but this weekend for
sure made me miss the south! I could definitely see myself ending up
back in the south at some point in my life.
line dancing-- so much fun!!! I think if I lived in Nashville I would
buy a pair of cowboy boots and make it my goal to become an excellent
line dancer. It would for sure be a newfound hobby for me. I loved
it!
Monday we spent the morning being lazy at the pool, sun-bathing and
reading books. We went to a Mexican place for a late lunch, and then
Whitney and I headed home.
I couldn’t have asked for a more fun, relaxing and care-free holiday
weekend. I love Cincinnati and finally (a year after moving home)
have a huge sense of peace about living here, but this weekend for
sure made me miss the south! I could definitely see myself ending up
back in the south at some point in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment