In my experience it's just not as easy to develop close friendships after college. It’s easy to find people to hang out with and pass the time with, but for me its way harder to get past the exterior in these friendships. I think the day in day out interaction you have with friends in high school and college escalates the bonding process and sometimes I wonder if that’s possible to achieve as an adult. Or maybe my friends I made in my first 22 years of my life are just cooler than everyone else.
I have unusual humor and am ridiculously weird underneath my conventional exterior. I am lucky to have a whole slew of friends who appreciate it, celebrate it and join in on that. I just wish they lived closer!
My high school girls- people tend to give me weird looks when I tell them that I’m still best friends with people from high school. It’s rare, but I love it.
My college girls


I'm sooo glad your blog is accessible to the public once again! I have missed reading.
ReplyDeleteI agree. I've missed reading!!! I also think that after marriage most people feel this way; I know I certainly did. I miss you too.
ReplyDelete