Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Facts

Fact: I am starting to make friends at work.  I am very excited about this!  I expected it would take time to get to know people, especially since there are a few hundred people at the company, but there are a few that I've gotten to know a bit better and it's making the days very pleasant.

Fact:  I saw the most majestic rainbow I've ever laid eyes on yesterday.  It was pouring buckets and buckets of rain, when suddenly it stopped and the sun shone through the clouds practically blinding me.  I looked to my left and saw a complete, intensely bright, perfectly arched rainbow.  Not only that, but there was a SECOND full rainbow (slightly less bright but still very prominent) above it.  Absolutely beautiful.  I love rainbows.  There have been two times in my life where I have been in prayer about very specific things and I've seen rainbows that I know were a gift from God as a reminder that he keeps his promises. Once I was on a mountaintop at sunrise and it wasn't even raining. Call me silly if you want, but I know when the Holy Spirit is making himself clear to me, and he definitely has done that via rainbows before.  But those are stories for another post.  Yesterday's rainbow was just a beautiful surprise after a very rainy several weeks.

Fact: The air pressure in all four of my tires is ridiculously low... It has been for probably two months, yet I refuse to stop and put air in them.  It's like I expect a guy to pop out of nowhere and do it for me.  In the past I've always relied on my dad or a boyfriend or a guy friend to do that stuff for me, but it's time to put on my big girl panties and do it myself.  Maybe tomorrow...

Fact: My current favorite color to wear is blue.

Fact: I am absolutely loving the church group I started going to a couple months ago.  I've never seen the Holy Spirit so at work in a group of people.  His presence is completely tangible and each week I leave feeling completely encouraged and excited about all that God is doing in our lives.

Fact: Tonight is girls night and I'm looking forward to it.  Me and a few of the girls are going to eat pizza, watch footage of the royal wedding from this morning, and pretty much just be lazy tonight.

Fact: I write ads at work and really love that I get to do this.  The company I work for makes a lot of sheets, pillows, towels, blankets, etc... so usually I write about those things.  Yesterday and today however, I had the privilege of writing about incontinence pads... one of the lesser-known items that we market.  It was...interesting... to say the least to research and write about incontinence.  At least I got a good laugh or two in :)

I suppose seven is a solid number of facts to leave you with.  Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment