There is nothing like coming home after a long day at work and finding a letter waiting for you in the mailbox. I can't tell you the number of times I've gotten a card or letter at just the time that I needed a little encouragement.
I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to "things." I clean out my closet every year and get rid of anything I haven't worn in the past 12 months. I'm constantly consolidating my possessions and only hanging on to things I actually need and use. But, when it comes to things of sentimental value, one might call me a hoarder. I have saved every, single personal card, note or letter that I've received from childhood until now. I stash them in several shoe boxes in my closet, because I just can't seem to throw away anything that my friends or family took the time to write to me.
Thank you friends for all the happy snail mail over the years!

No comments:
Post a Comment