Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Love Story (Part 2)


See Below for Part 1
One night the following February, I was out with some friends, including Brian’s roommate at the time, Caleb.  Caleb had tried to get Brian to come along that night, but he decided to stay home.  Caleb told me to text Brian and tell him to come hang out, because he seemed to think if I invited him, that Brian would come. 
Normally I wouldn’t fire off a random text to someone with whom I had a brief and unsuccessful dating stint… but I’d had two drinks, which is all it takes for me to lose my radar for awkwardness.  So, I told Brian to come hang out, and shortly thereafter, he showed up.  Things got a little weird after that because our friends didn’t stay too much longer after he arrived… so then it was just me and Brian… Since I was the one who had invited him out, I was now tasked with hanging out with him one on one. 
I figured I’d stay another hour or so, make some small talk and then leave once an appropriate amount of time had passed and Brian’s trip to the bar wouldn’t be considered a waste.  However, once we got to talking, we started to have a really good time.  We stayed there talking til about 2 or 3 in the morning.    
When the night ended, Brian asked if I wanted to give things another shot, and I agreed to give it a try.
So we started going on dates, and I was determined to give the relationship an honest effort this time around. Within the first month or so that we started dating again, we had a string of odd little “signs” if you will, that seemed like the universe was affirming our relationship.  The first was a photo from our first date the previous year.  Children’s Hospital was hosting their Celestial Ball again that year, and they chose a photo of us to use on their advertisement.  It was a really terrible photo of both of us, but it was kind of cool, that right when we got back together a picture of our first date from almost a year prior began circulating the internet.  I had all kinds of people call me to say they saw our picture on the ad. 
In addition to that, we had an unusual number of people stop us on the street or approach us in restaurants to tell us what cute couple we were (this no longer happens to us! lol).  We had a lady come up to us one night when we were out to dinner and tell us that we reminded her of her and her husband when they first started dating.  When we left the restaurant that night, we walked outside and saw the brightest shooting star I’ve even seen… and we were downtown- not a prime spot for stargazing.   
It was a string of things that sound kind of silly, but at the time it kind of freaked me out.  Looking back, I think it's kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment