Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Love Story (Part 3)


After we reunited, things went really smoothly from there.  A year from the date of our “second first date” was the day that Brian proposed. 
It would make for a cooler story if I was completely caught off guard and surprised by the proposal… but truthfully I had a hunch that he would do it that evening. 
He told me a few days before that we were going on a surprise date to celebrate our 1 year.  On the evening of our date Brian took me to several places that were special to us over the past year of our relationship.  At each place he gave me a hand-written letter that described his memories of our time there and how he felt.  It was really cool to revisit places that were part of our history as a couple.  He figured out the exact date that we had visited each place and included it in the letters.
The last place we went was a bench in Covington that was right across the river from the city.  We had been there before during the summer when it was warm, but it was FREEZING that night.  We sat on the bench in the cold and he gave me the last letter.  It said something along the lines of “I don’t remember the exact date that we came here for the first time, but I will always remember when we were here on February 15, 2013, because that is when I asked you to marry me…”
Then, he got on one knee and gave me the most beautiful ring in the world.  And of course I said yes. 
We’re getting married on September 28 of this year… which is only six months away!  The wedding planning is well underway and I’m really excited about how it’s all coming together. 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really cute that you wrote this out and I enjoyed reading it :) so happy for you and hope you enjoy all of the wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your love story! I love you, and your blog and your happy ending...I just love it all! I can't wait for September 28th, I'm preparing my speech now :)

    ReplyDelete